Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wow. It's been such a hectic hectic last two weeks. I finally admitted defeat and told myself that I needed more time to write the paper that I need to write, and this is the last chance I will get...

Anyways, I haven't really done much on the knitting front, as I have been busy with research, and I hope to get more time into my Gryffindor scarf (yes, nycoz4, it is a Gryffindor scarf). And speaking of Gryffindor, Scholastic has just released the cover art of the seventh Harry Potter book...wait...let me just get on mugglenet.com and download it...

Aha! Here we go...



Everyone is free to speculate as to where they are, what they are doing, and who the hell are the people in the background. There must be some wandless magic going on, right? Coz why would Harry be facing Voldemort without a wand? Can't wait to pre-order my copy! Why haven't I pre-ordered yet? Coz I'm not sure where I am going to be in July, duh.

I think a Slytherin scarf should be next on my no. 7 circular needles after I complete the Gryffindor one, don't you think?

Dancing with the Stars is BAAAACK!

American Idol, American Shmidol! Somehow, I really can't stand watching ordinary people trying to hit the bigtime, but I am an absolute sucker for B, C, and D list celebrities hamming it up on a ballroom dancing floor. This season has been especially entertaining...at least for me it is : ) hee.

My sentimental favorite is Joey Fatone. I was a huge *NSYNC fan in the late 1990s, to the annoyance of my co-workers who had to listen to Bye Bye Bye a gazillion times before I finally packed up my MP3s and my Lance Bass screensaver (a few years later, my former co-worker, remembering my fondness for Mr. Bass, forwarded me a news article about Lance's coming out as a gay man, with an implicit "I told you so"). And I must say, if not for the fact that my files were corrupted when I arrived in the US, I had a really good collection of my boys' songs.



Anyways, Joey was the best dancer in *NSYNC (take that, Justin Timberflake!) so I figured he was a shoo-in in this competition. But there was someone who was floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee...




Laila Ali's mambo was just sizzling. Well maybe it's about time for another woman to win this competition ya know. She is the one to beat! The Greatest must be smiling, wherever he is....But...


When Apollo Anton Ohno came out dancing to "Let's Hear it for the Boy" I was "aaaawwwww shucks!" He's actually pretty good, and he and his partner seem to have a lot of fun. Well, the judges like him a lot, too.

But the others were great too! Ian Zering and Cher Burke were still very much in the running. Heather Mills did a backflip (remember, she has an artificial leg), and Billy Ray has moved up from being a bear lost in the swamp. I was disappointed that Paulina Porizkova was eliminated, she was so pretty to look at, and she danced better than that Ms. USA girl (such a ditz too!).

Anyways, next week, I AM VOTING! (By the way, all images from abc.com).

Spot is falling asleep, so we'll say good night here. Enjoy the rest of your week.








No comments:

Post a Comment