Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The deep breath before the plunge


I should probably be naming this and the last two entries dissertation insanity log one, two and three, since the d-word is the first and foremost thing in my mind (that, and the finale of dancing with the stars...I can’t believe Marie Osmond is still on the show, Jennie Garth is a much better dancer...but I digress...). I submitted my proposal last Monday, and my hours have been a little bit more relaxed than the last three weeks. Only a little. I have a pile of my students’ midterms to take care of, and it does not look pretty.



As December 3 rolls around, and the panic starts to set in, I’ll start pulling those 2 am-ers again, going blind from looking at Stata and EViews for too long. Now it’s all quiet as I look out toward Mordor (my metaphorical Mordor so to speak), from the safety of Minas Tirith (also metaphorical) beside the all wise White Wizard (my mentor?). But someday, I have to charge towards those Black Gates, and December 3 seemed a good a date as any.





No comments:

Post a Comment