Saturday, December 22, 2007

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even...

...an Econ prof racing to finish correcting the final exams.

The last of the papers have been checked and I am going to resolutely ignore all of the emails from my students up at least until after the New Year’s. I’m evil.

I haven’t taken pics of the Christmas loot this year, since most of them are in the form of gift cards, but I am very much thankful for the loot and thanks to everyone who contributed to my shallow but nonetheless very real materialistic bliss.

I wish I could go and celebrate Christmas with my family and the four puppy dogs. Alas, I am stuck here in freezing weather and the heat is on the fritz. It could be worse. I could be stuck in twenty below freezing weather without the heat on.

It gets very lonely in New York City in Christmas...it gets particularly lonely when you know you only have a few dollars left in the bank. All ten of them must be lonely and shivering in that big cold vault with no other bills to warm them up...

Can you tell the Ebenezer is writing this entry?

Have a happy Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment