Saturday, December 29, 2007

Whaaaaaat!!! No Pictures???!!!! (A Christmas Postscript)

That is the disadvantage of Roomie being on the West Coast...no one to take pictures of little ole me! While she has taken pictures of her gifts, there are no digital SLR pics of mine! So I search high and low on the internet for photos of my loot...I tried so hard NOT to make this post about the LOOT, but I can’t help it at all. So, maybe I should post about the loot first, get it over with…

This is not all of it, as obviously, I could not find photos of all of them. But, oh, the bounty of it all...

My uncle, aunt and cousins were extremely generous, and for that I am grateful. But more than that, they have always made me welcome in their home. I try not to think about how lonely Christmas in New York would be if they were not around.

***

Oh, Christmas is a huge BBC day, with all their Christmas Specials (last year, the British sitcom The Vicar of Dibley married off the hilarious Geraldine to the most gorgeous towny tosser—can’t you tell that I am watching it right now) but one of the sucky things about living in New York is that you don’t get these shows until a few months later on BBC America (which we don’t have) or until the DVDs (which we can’t afford) are released after the BBC America run. As Ginger Spice would say…BEWWWWW!

But thank God for people who post episodes on the internet. Roomie and I have been watching the Robin Hood episodes on the internet (hey Roomie! I think the episode that will be shown this weekend will be the season-ender!), and I’ve spent many early morning hours laughing by myself at the antics of David Morrissey, Hugh Laurie, Dawn French, Emma Chambers, etc.

Christmas Day was a big day for Doctor Who fans. DAVID TENNANT! KYLIE MINOGUE! LIFE-SIZE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS! TIME TRAVEL! It’s the height of kitsch! And hey! Even Russell Tovey from The History Boys!

I should be so lucky!

Alons-y Alonzo!

The Doctor will be back in the spring, I suppose. Love it when he wears the specs.

If I miss New Year, wishing everyone a Happy New Year! And because I want to be funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment