Monday, March 3, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

Today is one of those days when you go from one high to another. In between working on my paper, I stole a few moments to bond with my new best friend:

It's not very high-tech, and surely not high-end. But I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship (provided I don't lose this like I did the other one). The picture below is of a Thai elephant keychain (about an inch high and wide) that I took using the super macro feature of the camera. Pretty cool, huh.

While I was in school today, I learned that my dissertation proposal won me a financial award. While I am not a millionaire, the award will keep me fed and housed for the next school year (and ensure that Roomie will continue to have a Roomie).

Thank you, Lord, for good days like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment