Friday, December 19, 2008

Coming out of hibernation in time for a snow storm...

I love snowstorms.


As long as I’m inside the house.

I’ve missed writing here, but it was just so difficult to set aside the time.   I have been preoccupied with writing and job-hunting.  Well mostly job hunting.  I’m hoping my efforts will pay off in time for next fall.  Wish me luck.

I’ve discovered a couple of things about my laptop.  One is obviously this new font that I’m trying out on my blog.  I’m not sure if this is actually in the multiply pull-down menus, but it seems to come out okay.  Maybe someday, there will be a font that looks like my handwriting.

The other one is that the Mac version of MS Word converts Word documents into PDF files.  Can I just say: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! 

Once more, with feeling: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!


*****


At the risk of sounding showbizzy, I would like to thank a few people responsible for the sweet loot I got for Christmas:

Heckle and Jeckle, thank you for the clothes.  They all fit J.  Your iPod Touch and Lacroix scarves are one their way.

Roomie, Jonner and Peter, Aedes thanks you for your business.   I am now that mother of a 50 ml bottle of Le Maroc pour Elle, with all its rosy-jasmine-y-woodsy goodness.  I hope I can restrain myself…don’t want to suffocate everyone in the school van. 


Elise (and parents), thank you for the blender and the puppy calendar.  I am waiting for the day when your father will actually buy me a puppy (I have a preference for beagles, for future reference).

Maeo, thanks for the shawl, it’s very warm and cozy.  Perfect for the snowstorm.

Hope everyone’s Secret Santas have been as generous J.


*****


Just because I haven’t been blogging doesn’t mean I haven’t been posting.  If you are a fan of my husband Richard (pic below), you have got to see season 7 of Spooks.  Just mosey over to what Spot’s watching now.  And, damn, those Russian spies are scary smart.



*****

I've got a bone to pick with you, Stephanie Meyer!




Because of you, a gazillion number of tweeners (and people who THINK they’re still tweeners) have Supermassive Black Hole in the MP3 players.  That’s right, sandwiched in between Mylie Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers.  My favorite workout song is now POP instead of Alternative. Grr.



Because I love Muse, I’m not going to stand between them and world domination.  But if I see any of The Libertines’ songs on future Twilight movie soundtracks, that means war!


No comments:

Post a Comment