Sunday, August 12, 2007

The one with the freebie list...

It's been a week since I've been back, but the past few days have been busy with a little pinch of stressful. It's been a good week though, with several blasts from the past (i.e., my houseguest and I spent an hour on google looking for a past flame...how lame is that?). My body clock has been whacked to insane proportions, such that I have been sleeping at 3am and getting up at 11 am. Spot is not himself either. Houseguest brought with her a stuffed cat named Cape (I call him General Cape...see Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan) and needless to say, Spot is allergic to cats, stuffed or otherwise.

So anyway, while my houseguest and I were virtually stalking a former tipsy, we got to talking about our freebie list. From Friends canon, a freebie list is a list of celebrities that one is allowed to get naughty with, with the blessing of the current significant other, since these celebrities are so attractive that you just can't help it. Now the problem is, I was having such a hard time narrowing down the list, since one is only allowed five names. Houseguest's problem is that she has only one name on her list.

So here goes...now note that one's prince could be someone else's frog. Chandler's list includes Jessica Rabbit.



The man who launched a thousand sighs and made every British woman wish she were a Jane Austen heroine. Pride and Prejudice was the first DVD that I ever bought for myself, and I still watch Mr. Darcy on a frequent basis (preferably with a pint of mint choco-chip ice cream). I am a sucker for "prideful" men who resist their feelings and then come tumbling down the hill. As for the actual Colin Firth, I don't know anything about him.



Tony Leung. Hero. In the Mood for Love. Chungking Express. Infernal Affairs. 2046. Enough said.


David Boreanaz. This comes with the I-wish-I-were-a-vampire-slayer territory. The dark, brooding vampire-with-a-soul boyfriend (I guess this means that James Masters is the runner-up in this contest) vibe he gives even in his other work (Bones, White Flag video) puts him securely on this list.


Peyton Manning. Even with that little belly, this guy is too cute and funny (see my video page). Oh yeah, he's got that Superbowl ring too.

And finally...


Told ya I like them brooding. Richard Armitage. As John Thornton, in North and South, he's a rougher, angrier, sexier Mr. Darcy (guess who I would want to roll in the hay with). In Vicar of Dibley, he's swoon-worthy as the handsome stranger who is so taken with the female vicar. His eyes speak a thousand words, and even his fingertips have more acting talent than the current crop of leading men.

Now, the freebie list is a laminated list. Either laminate it literally, or promise not to change the list unless there is a really, really good justification.

What's your freebie list like?























No comments:

Post a Comment