Thursday, April 3, 2008

Casting on another sock...

I treated myself to a small amount of yarn over the spring break and am currently working on another pair of socks for myself *frantically looks for a pic of the first pair, doesn't find one.* God knows how long it's going to take me this time, as I have to split my waiting-for-my-laundry time between this and reading Gogol. The rate I'm going, it's definitely cheaper to buy socks, particularly from Filene's.

Like the other pair I made, these are knitted from the toe up, using a basic pattern that I found on the Internet. However, I added a herringbone stitch pattern that I found on another pattern. After finally working out the number of stitches I needed (most sock patterns are usually too big for my feet) using Excel (dorky, I know), I got to work and am happily halfway through the foot, at least by this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment