Monday, July 14, 2008

Suckered!

It’s been raining the whole day due to a weather disturbance northeast of the country, so Paski and I are indoors boring each other to death (if you don’t know Paski, please refer to the Puppy Love album in my photos page). To keep us from falling into a downward spiral towards dementia, Jeckle suggested that we watch a movie that she worked on a couple of years ago called I’ve Fallen for You (yes, because that would keep my brain properly stimulated).

Jeckle works with a local film company, so she can buy original DVDs at discounted prices. In fact, I have a rather extensive Piolo Pascual collection. Or, rather, Roomie kidnapped my extensive Piolo Pascual collection. Her favorite movies are the ones in which Piolo is half-naked, because I believe they haven’t produced one where he is fully naked. If they have, please let Roomie know as soon as possible.

And because there’s only a bit of Piolo to go around, we occasionally receive movies that do not have Piolo in them. My friends and I claim that we’re not scared, but we usually have difficulty sleeping after watching a Kris Aquino horror flick. (Lesson learned from watching Feng Shui: don’t watch it unless there’s daylight and at least 10 people in the room). There’s the teen romance genre, the cinematic equivalent of reading a Sweet Dreams novel – it was fun when you were ten, but when you’re thirty, you can actually feel your brain cells dying. But because I support the Filipino film industry that puts bread and butter on my table (ay hinde, Star margarine lang pala), I watch these movies on original DVDs, and invite my friends to watch along.

And before I totally lose my train of thought, let’s go back to the movie in question. No, it’s not the Piolo-fully-naked one. Get your mind out of the estero!

I’ve Fallen for You is obviously a teen romance. Title pa lang, no. Would you really name a sophisticated film featuring cowboy on cowboy action after a sappy Jamie Rivera love song that everyone, including the author, knows the lyrics to? I think not, little puppy.

So where was I? Girl thinks she passed the UP College Admissions Test, only to find out that Boy, who has exactly the same name was the one who passed. She needs to fool her parents into thinking she is an Iskolar ng Bayan, so she decides to take up Boy’s invite to join a bike race and win a pot of money to finance her education. They encounter a lot of obstacles, of course, including, but not limited to, the fact that her father and his mother had an unresolved romance in the past (oh, dear LORD).

Then, I was sitting in the dark, munching on my lenguas de gato, when Girl’s mother, played by Lotlot de Leon, began telling her sob story about her being the second-rate replacement for her husband’s one great love. (“Hindi ako yung one great love ng daddy mo, pero siya ang aking one great love”).

And I’m like, waaaaaaaaah! Don’t cry Lotlot, (sniff, sniff). It’s okay…mahirap talagang makipag-compete with Chin-Chin Gutierrez (wipes fake tear). Dammit, yung eyeliner ko. Tahan na Lot. At least you’re a better actor than Monching. You may not have inherited the Superstar’s genes, but you are doing her proud. I don’t care what happens to Boy and Girl…you go right ahead and smack Albert Rodriguez...Martinez...whatever!

I’ll say it before anyone else does.

SUCKER!!!!!

P.S.: I would just like to reiterate the call for the fully-naked-Piolo movie. And if Piolo happens to be reading this…you know you love me. XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment