Monday, February 19, 2007

Once I got the household chores out of the way, Spot and I buckled down to finish grading my unfortunate students' midterms. I always use a red sign pen to correct my papers. It gives an appropriately bloody look for THOSE papers. I got this habit from an admired boss, who, in spite of the fact that we would email work to her, would return them to us in print, all red and bleeding with her corrections and emphatic comments. I am currently halfway through, and the distribution is pretty standard (means I am NOT curving).

I consider myself a teaching veteran, and by now I am pretty much used to the attitude that I get from my students. Eye-rolling, snickering, whispering, using their phones in class...there's always a rude little shit in every class. And it gives me absolutely great PLEASURE when I mark a lot of these students' papers...in fact, I am still getting down from the high...

Laundry day today was hell...alright, maybe purgatory. Yes, this would be what purgatory would be like: being able to wash the clothes, but not being able to find a cart to transfer them from washer to dryer. Serves me right for trying to do laundry on a holiday. There wasn't even a place to sit. But then, I should be thankful. First of all, I don't have to see my little shits tomorrow. Second of all, I don't have to see my little shits til Friday...WITH THEIR BLOODY TEST PAPERS!

Apparently I needed to get it out of my system.

On a brighter note, I decided to give myself a good day tomorrow and go out to get some knitting supplies. Spot is pretty excited to tackle round knitting needles, and my roomie's scarf needs additional yarn. AND THERE'S YOGA CLASS TOMORROW!!!

Research wise, I can kick my ass into gear tomorrow night as well. I must get some equations done and typed up so that I can have a halfway decent proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment